Before explaining favourable positions, I would like explain something about Rahu-Ketu. There interpretation seems difficult in horoscope and I also want clear some myths about them.
- Rahu is obsession whereas ketu is satisfaction.
- Rahu-Ketu are shadow planets and they can’t aspect. Yes, Rahu-Ketu don’t have any aspect. Not even a 7th aspect, but axis of Rahu-Ketu gets affected only.
- Now, without any aspect they affect or get affected by there, dispoisters, Ra-Ke axis, aspect coming on them, Nakshatra dispositer, planets in there Nakshatra or co-ruled signs scorpio or Aquarius, sub lords etc.
- Both of them cannot be favourable at a time, sometimes they can (rarely) but there also, one of them will be in some problem.
- Results of Ra-Ke totally depends on there disposter of sign and constellation. If they are well placed in good yoga, then they will give amazing results.
- Involvement of Ra-Ke in good yoga without any malefic association, takes that yoga to another level, and if bad then to worst.
Now, let’s discuss the favourable positions:
- Rahu generally performs well in Taurus > Virgo > Cap > Gemini > Aquarius. Here ketu suffers.
- Scorpio > Sagittarius > Pisces > Cancer are generally good for Ketu but bad for Rahu.
- They both perform well in Upachaya houses. But Ketu does very good spiritually in 12th house and Rahu in 6th house. Now, here marital bliss is in question and generally gets destroyed but professionally native does very good. Ketu in 12th also leads to moksha but only if other conditions allow it.
- Ketu in 6th gives weak or dumb enemies, and person wins in debates etc.
- Rahu in 2nd is financially good but not well for longevity. Rahu in 8th has greater importance for research etc. but with reduced longevity with danger from poison.
- Ketu in 1st makes one dumb if jupiter is also weak. Ketu in 2nd is also not favourable, person could be harsh speaker and never think before speaking.
- Rahu in 3rd makes one brave and successful, person is stubborn also but reduces the younger siblings. Ketu in 9th will give good results and spiritual inclination but not good for father life or native having hostile relations with father.
- Both do bad in 4 house, and give tension in house until there dispositers are well placed.
- Rahu in 5th can give good education in modern sciences like electronics etc. But bad progeny. Ketu give education in various languages or even computers language. But dispositer should be well placed. Here if they are associated with 6th house or 12th then they give flopped careers.
- Both in 7th are bad. But Rahu is slightly better than Ketu, because Ketu is separates here and Rahu may give extra relationships, but if jupiter or dispositer is saving then this rahu also give passionate spouse.
- Rahu in 10th can be sensitive thing because here it can make one very successful or unsuccessful. Person remains confused about his profession in whole life.
Request to readers: In astrology, always keep a comprehensive approach, these statements of placement are general and depends on other factors also, but they are important part of that chronology.